Healesville RSL believes that individuals have the right to choose to consume alcohol in licensed venues as a form of social activity. As the operator of this venue, we have a responsibility to help minimise the risk of harm to individuals, our staff, other customers, and to the wider community.
As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers and to other licensees by complying with and, where appropriate, exceeding mandatory compliance regulations.
Ethics In Practice
- Healesville RSL does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Healesville RSL Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- Healesville RSL is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws and adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
- Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all the rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in each State.
- Healesville RSL endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all customers can socialise and enjoy themselves.
- Healesville RSL does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol in the venue. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Healesville RSL acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
- Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venue by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable State law.
- Healesville RSL will continue to provide employee education and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Gaming Code of Conduct
- It is our aim that all our customers that wish to partake in gambling do so responsibly.
- We understand and acknowledge that problem gambling is a serious issue, and we aim to help people affected by problem gambling, to make better decisions regarding their gambling habits, while at our venues.
- Our staff adhere to the Responsible Gambling code of Conduct and we make the Code available to patrons by displaying it clearly in the gaming rooms
- Rules and regulations pertaining to the safe and responsible playing of electronic gaming machines, payment of winnings policies, self-exclusion programs, and Gambler’s Help support group contact details are clearly signed throughout Healesville RSL.
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct:
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct: Keno
Use Safe Gambling Practices at Healesville Sub-Branch