Every military veteran, regardless of branch of service or rank, lived a story that should not be forgotten by their passing.
The Healesville RSL can offer the following assistance to eligible persons in times of family bereavement:
- Providing counseling and support.
- Providing information about RSL funeral rituals.
- Providing funeral assistance.
- Provision of laurel and poppies for a funeral service.
- Providing advice on Department of Veterans’ Affairs entitlements.
- Providing advice on war grave entitlements.
- Assisting with war widow’s claims to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
In terms of funeral assistance, the Healesville RSLh may be able to assist widows and immediate family members through this difficult time by contributing towards funeral expenses.
As the RSL is a registered charity there are hardship criteria that must be satisfied before receiving financial assistance with funeral expenses.
To find out if you are eligible and how we can help, please contact us for more details.
- 03 5962 5017